The Leaf Desk respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), we will respond promptly to claims of copyright infringement that are reported to us. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been used on our website or service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with a written notice containing the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- A description of the material that you claim is infringing and needs to be removed, including the URL where it is located.
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Your electronic or physical signature.
Please send the notice by visiting our Contact Us page. (Email preferred)
Please note that you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyright. We suggest that you consult with an attorney before submitting a DMCA notice.
Upon receipt of a valid DMCA notice, we will remove or disable access to the infringing material and promptly notify the alleged infringer. If you believe that your material has been removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may file a counter notification with us containing the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- A description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification.
- Your contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which The Leaf Desk may be found.
- A statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original notification or an agent of such person.
Please note that under the DMCA, claimants who make misrepresentations concerning copyright infringement may be liable for damages incurred as a result of the removal or blocking of the material, court costs, and attorneys’ fees. We recommend that you consult with an attorney before submitting a counter-notification.